Scheduled Execution Date; July 26, 2012 / Sentence Commuted
John Eley # 198441
15802 State Route 104 Chillicothe, OH 45601
Reasons in support of clemency;
Prominent individuals connected to the case are supporting clemency for Mr. Eley because they no longer feel his case necessitates his execution. These individuals include:
- Gary Van Brocklin, the prosecuting attorney who tried the case.
- The Hon. Peter Economus, one of the three judges who sentenced Mr. Eley to death.
- Retired detective Joseph Fajack, the lead investigator on the case who secured Mr. Eley’s confession.
- Guy Trammel, a probation officer familiar with Mr. Eley who prepared the presentencing report.
Three parole board members recommended clemency based on the following facts:
- The prosecuting attorney supports clemency.
- Mr. Eley was influenced to commit the crime by his accomplice.
- Mr. Eley exhibits extremely low intellectual functioning.
- Mr. Eley was offered a plea bargain.
- Mr. Eley’s crime is not the "worst of the worse."
Eley Clemency Press Release ___________________________________________________________
(Should not be considered all inclusive.)
You will need this number to find him within the email program;
JPay Email Option
JPay Email Option
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has begun using an innovative electronic mail system. To be clear, this program does NOT provide inmates with direct email access. Rather, it allows those who wish to correspond with an inmate to enter into a subscription through a third-party website, at a cost, and that company will serve as the vehicle to manage emails. These emails should not be considered confidential.
Home History Inmates Annual Report Justice Initiative Scheduled Executions Clemency Execution Process Media Executed Innocence Exonerated Petitions Pen Pal FAQ Updates